Tuesday I had an endocrinologist appointment and everything went well. I actually gained weight this time instead of losing. I gained about a lb and a half in three weeks. It's hard to see that scale go up now after it has been going down for so long. Of course, it is moving the right way so we'll see. My blood pressure was perfect and my baby sugars look good. My doctor talked to me about the difference between the baby being big in stature and the baby being big in fatty weight. The OP and I are both very tall so this baby could weigh a lot simply because of genetics. She said that we just need to watch the belly circumfrence and the cheeks because that is where the fat will build up if I'm not controlling my blood sugars correctly. I had never really thought about it in that way before. Of course, if my blood sugars get out of hand then I will be using insulin so things should stay in control.
One of my friends is in labor right now. She's my closest friend that has ever had a baby so I'm nervous for her. I can't wait to hear! She's been on bed rest for the past 3 to 4 weeks due to blood pressure and the baby is around 9 lbs. She's was induced today, but the doctor wasn't making any promises. I can't imagine what it will be like to be at the same stage that she is at. Wow, I get butterflies just thinking about it! Only 22 weeks to go!!!!
5.07.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment