3.24.2008

11-ish weeks

Last Friday I had another appointment. I was a little over 11 weeks along and the doctor couldn't get the heartbeat with the doppler. Of course, I freaked out. The time between her telling me that and the ultrasound that followed seemed to be suspended in space. Like I didn't breathe for that entire time. My mind was racing. My heart was pumping. I will be eternally grateful that my mother was there with me. I stayed calm because of her. The ultrasound tech found the baby right away, heartbeat 164. I could breath again. Everything looked great and we got a new picture. I was bawling. She told me that my uterus is tilted toward my back and that because of this we wouldn't be able to hear the heartbeat with the doppler this early. Wow. Nothing like that situation to make you realize how much you already love this child. This little person growing inside of you. Amazing.

So, my next appointment is at 15 weeks and then 19 weeks will be the big deal, hold your breath scan. I can't even imagine my emotions on that day. Praying for a healthy report, anxious to hear boy or girl. So many mixed emotions on that day. I'm just glad that I have it to look forward to. SUCH a blessing.

Other than that I lost another 4 lbs (I'm down 17 lbs from Day 1 of pregnancy). My bp was fine. I have a urinary tract infection. I have never had one of those in my entire life. I have no symptoms, but it's there so it looks like there will be more medicine for me for the next week. Woohoo.

In the land of baby sugars mine seem pretty ok. Last week I only had one that was out of whack and that was courtesy of a nice big Chipotle burrito. Bad Jen...bad bad girl. It's just that my doctor says don't loose anymore weight well, I can't gain weight and eat the recommended amount of carbs. So, for one meal I splurged. poo on you. I will probably get chewed out for it. I'M TRYING HERE PEOPLE!!!

So, now that I'm almost 12 weeks...I'm really excited. I feel like I can embrace planning for the baby. Looking for furniture, touring different day cares, investing in this baby. INVESTING. Big word, lots of meaning.

1 comment:

Collins Family said...

Congrats, I know that must have been scary but so glad all is well. Heartbeat 164 sounds like it could be a GIRL!!!! Hang in there almost 12 weeks and almost out of 1st trimester and into 2nd trimester. I also had a UTI about at the same weeks I think it is due to those progesterone suppositories. 1st one I had ever had and only one so far! The meds will help and you will feel much better in no time!!!! Glad it is moving along so smooth. Post your u/s pic of you can!