3.03.2008

Weekend Wrap up

Lens Vesicle, Nasal Pit, Hand Plate Begin
•••••
SIZE: 11.0 - 14.0 mmTIME PERIOD: 44 - 48 days post-ovulation


Head and NeckNerve plexuses (network of intersecting nerves) begin to develop in the region of the scalp. Eyes are pigmented and eyelids begin to develop and may fold.
Thorax - Within the heart, the trunk of the pulmonary artery separates from the trunk of the aorta. Nipples appear on the chest. Body appears more like a cube. Abdomen - Kidneys begin to produce urine for the first time.
Pelvis - Genital tubercle, urogenital membrane and anal membrane appear.

Limbs - The critical period of arm development ends, and the arms are at their proper location, roughly proportional to the embryo. However, the hand plates are not finished, but develop further in the next two days. The wrist is clearly visible and the hands already have ridges or notches indicating the future separation of the fingers and the thumbs.
Spine - Ossification of the skeleton begins.

This past weekend was a very busy, but wonderful. Saturday I was able to see many of my best friends as we gave a baby shower for another of our friends. Our shower went off without a hitch and a great time was had by all. Later that night we went out to dinner for another girls birthday. I don't get to spend nearly enough time with these girls since most of us live in different cities. I really cherish every moment that I get with them. They are the best! Sunday we celebrated my grandmother's 79th birthday. She's such a great woman and we just spent the afternoon visiting and catching up with everyone. It was nice.

BTW, Saturday myself and a friend of mine who is about 22 weeks pregnant ventured off to Po.ttery Barn Kids. She finished buying a few things for her son's nursery while I drooled. They have a crib in there that I would LOVE to have. Of course it's like a million dollars but still! They really have some beautiful stuff. It got me really excited to decorate!

No comments: