3.26.2008

12 weeks

12 WEEKS!!! Today the little life is 12 weeks along. For some reason, in my mind this is a big milestone. It makes me happy to be able to say, "Yes, I'm 12 weeks along".

I'm feeling better today. Yesterday, not so much. So, we will see. Maybe this is the beginning of the end of all that.

I've begun my day care search. It seems like really early to be doing that, but what I'm hearing from actual day cares is that their wait lists are miles long and that there is no such thing as "too early". My feelings on this issue is that I would really really like to bring the baby to work with me until March 1st of 2009 and then I would like to keep the baby at an in home place until 2 years of age. Then I would like to switch to a day care/pre school. You know, in my perfect world. So, I got on my states child whatever website and got a list of certified or licensed home child care givers and I stalked them yesterday after work. Literally. I got all of their addresses. I mapped out my route and I went and looked at their houses. I figure that I weeded out about four of the candidates just by looking at their house. It was interesting.

So, I'm going to call those ladies and I'm going to call several day cares as well. Because, well, I just don't know if I can leave my baby with someone that I don't know. NOT that I know the day care but it's just different.

My penchant for in home child care (in their home, not my home) stems from my own childhood. I went to this lady's house and I still idolize this woman to this day. I loved her, my mother loved her. There was no germy day care. No run of the mill teacher. Just a few kids in a ladies house who really enjoyed watching children. She used to dress us up, fix my hair, make our halloween costumes. I wish that I could find that for our baby. I'm being realistic though. This is not the same day and time as 26 years ago. Times change. I just don't think that I'm going to find it. I really don't even know if we can afford an in home person.

I'm scared to make these phone calls. I'm such a pansy. Seriously. I'm nervous about it. I just figure, though, that if someone is snotty to me then I will just cross them off of my list. I'm not going to deal with snotty when it comes to my child. That's right. Oh...SNAP!

3 comments:

Ariella said...

I think in home day care is a great idea and that you will find someone wonderful.You may find that in-home centers have a shorter wait list though and some might not be willing to put you on the books a year in advance. Having worked in a day care center I know our list only went out 6-8 months EVER. GL finding your dream person.

Monica H said...

It's been a couple weeks since you've posted- so I'm just checking in on you. Are you okay?

Monica H said...

Are you okay? Haven't heard from you in over a month, so I'm just checking in...

Monica