I have absolutely no idea why I quit updating this blog. I could kick myself for it, I really could. I began this blog so that I could vent my frustrations and also so that I could remember all of the little details of my life that I will otherwise forget in about, ohhh 5 minutes. So, now I have given birth almost 5 months ago and I have written none of it down. Gah! I'm going to do my best to remember. I owe it to my son...yes, my son. That's where my last post left off. I was getting ready for the big reveal. The big Ta Da moment.
The OP at the scene of the big reveal.
The Op and I went to the doctor at the end of May. I was so keyed up that all I was thinking about was if there was a healthy baby in there! I barely had time to worry about the gender. In my heart I always knew that there would be a little boy growing in there. I just know that my husband doesn't make girls so I was definitely not surprised when the tech announced the presence of boy parts and then proceeded to give us only five pictures from the ultrasound total...three were of his peepee. Seriously?!? Seriously. I was VERY miffed about that. Little did I know that I would be seeing that same tech again and again and again.
So, we were expecting a boy. The OP was much more excited than I was at first which is surprising considering this is his fourth boy. For me, I had to get used to the idea. It all seemed so surreal to me. One moment I was just expecting a baby and the next moment I was expecting a SON! His name was already picked out...He would have my father's first name and The OP's middle name. We went to the gray tomb (the office) to tell my parents. My father's face was PRICELESS. With one announcement I had made him the happiest guy in the world. He was going to have a grandson. All was right with the world in his eyes. We told everyone else after that and needless to say, no one was surprised. I don't want sweety petey (that's my little pet name for him now) to ever think that people weren't excited for his arrival. It's just that given his father's track record...no one REALLY believed that we would have a girl.
So May ran into June and I started to research what would go in his room, what I would register for, etc. BTW I THOROUGHLY enjoyed registering. I mean I absolutely loooooved it. Just so you know. In June we took a family vacay to FL. Me,The OP, C,D. That is an entire post unto itself. WOW, was that trip a dooozey. In July we cleaned out Petey's room, painted the walls, had the carpets cleaned, and started accumulating baby needs. It was truly a magical time in my life. I would just walk in his room and stare at the crib with my hand resting on my belly. I would just stand there and dream as I soaked it all in. I mean never in my life would I be in that position again. Pregnant with my first child, happily married, feeling good (for the most part), a quiet house around me...I reveled in this time.
During June and July I felt great, really. I was dealing with the gestational diabetes. I still had appointments with the endocrinologist every three weeks, appointments at the doctor ever four weeks. I followed the diet strictly. My blood sugar levels were great. My blood pressure was good, my urine was always clean, great heartbeat each time on the baby. I like to think of these two months as the sweet spot of my pregnancy. Boy were they sweet. My belly was growing, but I was still losing weight. I think that at the peak of my weight loss I had lost around 28 lbs. I did get tired easily and if I had to be up walking around for a long while I would start to feel badly. My stomach would ache and feel tight. It was almost painful. This happened almost daily. At the time I just thought it was normal growing pains. Now as I look back on it I think that I was having braxton hicks all along and didn't really realize it.
1 comment:
Glad you're back and congratulations on the birth of your son!
Please don't make us wait too long for the continuation of this story...
Post a Comment