I'm in the middle of a six day no work stint and I couldn't be happier. I have done nothing but shop for the past two days. The after Christmas sales around here are outrageous. I'm having a blast...can't you tell?!?!
Today I received a COMPLETELY unexpected Christmas bonus from my boss aka "dad". I never in a million years would have expected this, but oohhhhh does it make my heart sing. You see, The OP and I's financial situation is less than perfect. I constantly feel the burden of our finances and alas, The OP does not. It's really quite annoying, but I understand why. I grew up with and The OP definitely grew up without. What we have right now is more than The OP has ever had in his entire life. But for me what we have now is less than what I have had for almost my entire life. He says that I am obsessed with money, but really I feel like I am not. I don't like to be in debt and I want to own our own home. In order to do both of those things I must be frugile and squirrel away money. Things are tight...alot of the time things are tighter than I can handle. The OP makes a very good wage, but it's the child support that KILLS us. It's outrageous. I knew that going into it, though so I really can't complain. We will never be financially rich, I will never get to be a stay at home mom, and we will never get to travel as much as I would love to. Today's bonus sure does make me breathe a little easier though.
So, tomorrow I'm travelling about an hour away to visit some very dear friends of mine. These girls mean the world to me and I just don't get to see them much. I'm really looking forward to it. Sunday and Monday I plan on doing nothing except cleaning the downstairs of our house and cooking a little. New Years Eve we are having another couple over to our house to play games, eat, and watch football. Should be fun. New Years Day I will mourn the end of my vacation and attempt to psych myself into being ready for work the next day. Yuck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment