12.30.2007

Goodbye 2007

I have to say that 2007 was a fairly smooth and fine year. Sometimes, like many others, I just wonder when the other ball is going to drop. Until that time comes, though, I just enjoy my life...every minute of it because I know that everything can change in an instant.


January through March of 2007 was filled with wedding planning, bridal showers, and a great bachelorette weekend. I have never been in more awe of the people in my life. The love that they showed me in those days, I will never forget. Mutiple showers, beautiful decorations, wonderful friends. I was so flattered because I had just never realized. So, after all of that I have decided to pay it forward in a way. Weddings and babies...I'm going to be there for the people that I love. A great attitude and a little attnetion can go a long way.


April was a whirlwind of final preparations, planning, and the wedding itself. Our wedding was everything that I wanted and more. Yes, there were things that I would have changed, but I try not to dwell on those things. The love that we felt on that day that we joined our lives together was amazingly beautiful. Words cannot describe how special our wedding day was. We were so happy. We ARE so happy. In May we were on our honeymoon in Hawaii. It was an absolutely magical time and we are determined to go back one day. After the honeymoon we returned home and began the adjustment. No wedding to plan, no big event to look forward to. Just live, work and raise the boys. May and June were filled with D's baseball games and fun at the pool. My dad's 50th birthday was in June and we had a fine surprise celebration for him. Another of my best friends was married in June and then in August my cousin was married.


June through September were filled with problems with the ex-wife. It was a time of turmoil and stress culminating in a very heartbreaking and embarssing scene. (I may blog about it some day). Needless to say during these months The OP and I were VERY stressed. All of the drama/controversery really brought us even closer together, though. Thank.You.God.


In August, September and October the OP spent a lot of time coaching D's soccer team. This was definitely a bright spot for the year. It was wonderful to watch D have fun with paying soccer and to watch The OP coach this team so well. I was so proud of him.


In October I ended my BCP and had high hopes. Hopes that were eventually dashed just a little bit, but as we all know I'm gearing the hope up again because in a few weeks I'm hoping that we will be back in the game that could change our lives forever.


Work this year has been mundane to say the least, but I'm fairly well paid and I have a lot of freedom. I work with family which at times can be trying, but in a way I wouldn't trade it for the world. For The OP this year at work has been a time of success. He has really found himself this year and his place. He's proud of himself and that is a huge deal! I'm proud of him, his family is proud of him and my family is sooo proud of him. There has been some adversity for him on the job, but he has been able to overcome and move through it.


Our friendships with other people have taken somewhat of a backward slide in 2007. I wouldn't say that it is a huge regression, but it's there. My friendships, the further that I get away from college, get harder and harder to maintain. I think that there are several of my friends that I will always be friends with, but I'm not going to lie it takes work! Hard work. The OP does not really have any true friends. I believe that he deals with this fact very well, but he does have his moments. It's just depressing to him. The OP had many many friends in "the good old days" when he was a big bad redneck. Now that he is just a big good redneck those people are not his friends anymore and he has struggled to make new friends. He just doesn't have anything in common with my friend's significant others.

*****************************************************
I began writing this post on 12/30 and at about 2:50 I quit writing and went to go shopping with a friend. Then I received a phone call. My dear cousin, Laura, 29 weeks pregnant had started bleeding. She was rushed to the hospital. No idea what would happen. I freaked out. Laura is a year older than me and she and I have always been like two peas in a pod. We really have nothing in common, but yet we are close. This baby will be like my neice or nephew. I was balling. I ran home, scared my husband half to death, threw some clothes in a bag and raced out the door to drive an hour and twenty minutes to the hospital. I was about 20 minutes away when I received the call that through an emergency c-section Laura had given birth to a baby girl...as of right now everyone was fine. I have never felt so much relief in all of my life. 2 lbs. 6 oz...Anna. She has a long long road ahead of her, but we are praying and hopeful that everything will be ok.

It was a placental abruption. Laura was washing dishes and felt a trickle. It was blood and it started slowly but within minutes was gushing. She called 911 and was rushed to the hospital. They had hoped to give the steroid shots and then deliver in about 24 hours, but when they got to the hospital her body started to go into full blown labor. Hence, the emergency c-section. It all happened in the space of two and a half hours. Eleven weeks early.

Wow.

1 comment:

Monica H said...

How is little Anna now?