2.07.2008

1st prenatal visit

5 weeks, 1 day

As we have already established, I was completely wacko nervous about todays appointment. I mean what is it with me? I have ALWAYS been like this. I get sooo freaked out whenever I go to ANY doctor. It's awful. I have no idea why either. I mean I have never had a major disease, never a broken bone (knock on wood). Anyway, back on task.

My midwife came in and the first thing that I did was apologize to her (I'm such a sucker!) Basically I said that while I am not sorry that I am pregnant...I am sorry if she thinks that I ignored her advice...blah blah blah. She's my potential midwife for God's sake, I can't have her think that I'm a horrible patient. Really! So, after my little tirade where she was staring at me like I had lost all sense of reality she was wonderful to me! I mean I really couldn't believe it. I love her. She made me feel good about myself. I had lost five pounds (yay me) but my blood pressure was elevated. She's putting me on blood pressure medicine (boo), but whatever. If it helps, it helps. SHe's also recommending that I go see an endocrinologist that specializes in pregnancy. I'm happy about that. Let's get this shit under control before there is really a problem. I mean really. She said we just want to jump right on this so that if I don't have to be high risk then I won't be. I will be seen by both her and my Dr. I was glad to hear that as well. In a perfect world, my midwife(that's what I'm calling her now...MY midwife...it's all about the power of positive thinking people) would deliver my healthy beautiful baby boy/girl around October 8, 2008. That's not asking too much, is it?

I'm going back to see her in one week for an ultrasound. I don't really think that we will see a heartbeat, but we should see a gestational sac! Please, God, let it be there!!!! Also, today they took about half the blood out of my body and I had to pee in two cups. Blech.

So, I'm very happy. I will be EVEN happier tomorrow when I hear about my beta. Hopefully it will be high and MIGHTY!

Honestly, I just feel blessed beyond measure. I feel blessed that God is allowing me to have this experience. That, in itself, is a blessing.

This is what my favorite site has to say is going on in there.
Appearance of Somites
•••••
SIZE: 1.5 - 2.5 mmTIME PERIOD: 19 - 21 days post-ovulation
Looking at the embryo from the top, the head end is wider than the tail end, with a slightly narrowed middle.Somites, which are composed of mesoderm, appear on either side of the neural groove. The first pair of somites appear at the tail and progress to the middle. One to three pairs of somites are present by Stage 9.Every ridge, bump and recess now indicates cellular differentiation.A head fold rises on either side of the primitive streak. The primitive streak now runs between one-fourth to one-third of the length of the embryo.Secondary blood vessels now appear in the chorion/placenta. Hematopoietic cells appear on the yolk sac simultaneously with endothelial cells which will go on to form blood vessels for the newly emerging blood cells.Endocardial (muscle) cells begin to fuse and form into the early embryo's two heart tubes.


Yay for Somites!

1 comment:

Collins Family said...

See everything is great@ Glad to hear it went well!