2.10.2008

Happenings

Two Pharyngeal Arches Appear
•••••
SIZE: 2.5 - 3.0 mmTIME PERIOD: 23- 25 days post-ovulationn
Thirteen to twenty pairs of somites are present and the embryo is shaped in a modified S curve. The embryo has a bulb-like tail and a connecting stalk to the developing placenta.A primitive S-shaped tubal heart is beating and peristalsis, the rhythmic muscle contractions propelling fluids throughout the body, begins. However, this is not true circulation because blood vesel development is still incomplete.At this stage, the neural tube determines the form of the embryo. Although the primary blood vessels along the central nervous system are now connecting in Stage 11, the central nervous system appears to be the most developed system. If twenty somites are present in the embryo, the forebrain is completely closed.


So, that is what all is going on with peanut right now. I love the scientific aspect of the site. I also get updates from baby center, and baby ga.ga. I'm just so interested in what is going on inside of me! It is truly miraculous.

In other news, I have been afraid to have sex. I know that everyone says that it's fine and I know that for most people it IS fine, but on the flip side I have read so so many accounts of women that once they have had sex...everything goes south. Then I was afraid to or.gasm because of reading that an orgas.m is really a uterine contraction. I also know that when women have had trouble becoming pregnant their REs usually recommend no sex for the first several weeks. So, I was a little freaked. I'm sure that it was unnecessarily. Well, The OP was suffering (unjustly and horribly according to him) so we did the deed. So far so good. I really have not much of a sex drive though. Maybe that will return later on? It would be nice. Sex drive...where are you?

I also feel like a pharmacy unto myself. One prenatal vitamin per day, bp medicine three times per day, metformi.n once a day, and a prog.esterone su.ppository before bed. Quite the cocktail, huh? It's a little crazy, but like most women I am willing to do WHATEVER it takes to get this baby here safely. Let's hope and pray that my efforts are rewarded.

I'm having an ultrasound next Thursday and when I tell people this they seem shocked. Is this not normal? My OBGYN office's website says that they always do an early ultrasound to date the pregnancy. So, I'm wondering why there are so many shocked faces.

My plan is that if everything goes well with the ultrasound on Thursday we are going to go ahead and tell everyone. Most of this will have to happen over the phone which is a bummer, but oh well. There aren't too many get togethers happening in February! Basically all of The OP's family knows (because he cannot stand to keep a secret), but none of my family and most of my friends don't know. I have told my parents, my closest aunt and uncle, my best friend, my best friend from childhood, and my closest cousin. That's it. They had all better be praying for me. I specifically requested that! :)

The Big Cat and my ma will be back today from their two week vacation. Can I get an Amen?!?! Their dogs are driving us insane. Two weeks is way too long to have three dogs in my little house. I'm taking those suckers home early and then I'm going to start to de-dog smell my house. It might take a while. Plus their dogs are depressed. They are used to being outside and running around a six acre yard. They definitely don't have that here. Sorry puppies.

5 weeks 4 days or 24 DPO

1 comment:

Collins Family said...

No shock here I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and yes you can see the heartbeat! I also had one at 8 weeks then was released from RE back to OB and she took a peek at 12 weeks and then I had to rotate through the other 2 docs in the practice although I would see Dr. Basham the majority and we knew she would deliver! So at 16 weeks and then the regular 1 ultrasound I think I had between 18 & 19 weeks well Izzie was uncooperative and we could not get good measurements of her heart because she was turned weird and did not find out the sex that day so I had another one around 22 weeks again ( for heart measurements but I was able to find out the sex then) at 25 or 26 weeks (a follow up on more measurements and all was good we finally got good measurements) well then I hit the deer so I had one at 28 weeks during my overnight hospital stay and again either 30 or 32 weeks as a follow up and then at 37 weeks and 6 days (growth check since I was having high BP & swelling...boy was I ready) just 2 days before I delivered her! So as my husband says she was the most photographed baby in the womb!!!!! So enjoy every time you get to take a peek your little one because not everyone gets more than 1 or 2 ultrasounds!!!! I was scared to have sex as well and my poor hubby suffered too! My OB did say it was OK when I asked at 12 weeks because I had early pregnancy bleeding until about 6-7 weeks, so when I saw her at 12 weeks I asked and she said it was fine I think he got it that weekend and then not again until later on...poor guy but he lived!!!! Also when you are having morning sickness and then the belly starts growing you just don't feel like it or I did not anyway I read some women are extremely sexual during pregnancy, lucky them huh!!!! I can't wait until your ultrasound I hope you get a pic you can put on the blog it will probably just be pregnancy sac (unable to see the peanut on the pic) but I promise at 6 weeks you see that sac and you can see the tiny flicker of the heart beating...SO AMAZING! Maybe you will get one a few weeks later as well and you will be amazed I remember 6 weeks the sac and heartbeat and the boom 2 weeks later at 8 weeks she had arm buds and leg buds and you could see the tiny little baby...I swear it is truly amazing enjoy every milestone of your pregnancy!