2.11.2008

Rant-a-licious

This is going to be a rant about The OP's ex-wife and my mother-in-law. (she's The OP's step mother so does that make her my step mother in law?)

Saturday night we went to The OP's aunt's house to celebrate his grandmother's birthday. All of the immediate family was going to be there. Now, let's review that The Op's father is married to his ex-wife's mother. Let's also review that the two families do not mix. The OP's siblings DO NOT get together with the step mother's siblings. We show up to the get together Saturday night and Aunt S informs me that my mother in law has said that the bee-otch is coming with her husband and bring the boys (D and C). I was in shock! Everyone else was in complete shock! I'm telling you that The OP's family (especially his brother and sister) H-A-T-E his ex-wife. We were all just completely dumbfounded as to why she came! I was SO mad at my step mother in law. She KNEW that Micheal and I are expecting a baby and that this would be the first time that we had been around his family since we found out and she had the NERVE to invite the bee-otch and her unfortunate husband! People wanted to talk to us about the baby, we wanted to talk about the baby, but nooooo we couldn't because SHE was there. Also, we have not told D and C yet. We wanted to tell them in person and not until after at least the first ultrasound. I mean I can't imagine anything worse than trying to explain it to them if something goes wrong. Talk about tension! It was absolutely horrible. Thank goodness for my sister-in-laws (it's not often that that phrase comes out of my mouth)...they really saved me. I was all for D and C being there. But seriously, their grandparents could have brought them! The OP and I just really felt like this was a slap in the face. I mean if I cannot even go to a family get together without worrying about seeing HER, then I just won't go. I haven't really talked to The OP about this...I think that I tried to block it from my mind. Why oh why do things like this always have to happen?

Frankly, the more that I think about it I blame my mother in law even more than I blame the bee. I'd like to just dot her in the eye.

No comments: