February 14, 2008 turned out to be one of the most memorable days of my life. At our doctor's appointment we had an ultrasound and the baby is in the right place, it's measuring the right size, and we heard the heartbeat! It was the most amazing sound I have ever heard. I will never forget it! I had told myself to not get too excited about the heartbeat since it was so early...so I just wasn't expecting it. The tech flipped a switch and we heard the most beautiful music of our child's beating heart. What a moment! What a miracle!!!
My weight was good, my blood pressure was perfect (thank you medicine)...it really was an all around great day. After the ultra sound they took us into the business office and laid all of that out for us. Financial-wise it doesn't really sound all that bad. We are going to go ahead and start making some monthly payments so that by the time the baby comes we are done paying or almost done paying. I was surprised to be taken to the business office...just wasn't expecting it.
We have told almost everyone. I'm seeing a few of my close friends tomorrow for lunch and I'm going to tell them then. Then I'll call or email everyone else. I had thought that I would be nervous or reserved about telling people about the baby, but I haven't been. It's been easy for me and I've really enjoyed it. I say "I" because The OP has not been able to keep the secret at all and has already told ALL of his family and friends. Typical OP. It was a little weird for everyone at work to know. We work at a construction company with a bunch of men and I've had rough, scruffy, dirty men congratulating me all day long! It has been endearing, really...I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Here's what's going on with the baby right now. I am 6 weeks 2 days according to LMP; 30 DPO.
The first thin surface layer of skin appears covering the embryo.
•••••
SIZE: 4.0 - 6.0 mmTIME PERIOD: 26- 30 days post-ovulationn
The arches that form the face and neck are now becoming evident under the enlarging forebrain. By the time the neural tube is closed, both the eye and ear will have begun to form. At this stage, the brain and spinal cord together are the largest and most compact tissue of the embryo.A blood system continues to develop. Blood cells follow the surface of yolk sac where they originate, move along the central nervous system, and move in the chorionic villi, the maternal blood system.Valves and septa may appear in the heart in Stage 12.The digestive epithelium layer begins to differentiate into the future locations of the liver, lung, stomach and pancreas.
2.15.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOOOHOOO for everything looking great and being okay with the little one. I hope all your family and friends are thrilled to hear the big news. Congrats again.
YEAH things are great. I know that heartbeat was AWESOME music to your ears!
Post a Comment