11.26.2007

Holiday Weekend Recap

Wednesday, November 21
  • Annual Deer Roast at work. We have this in honor of all of our employess so that they know that they are appreciated. It's a nice event...even if management has to work their a**es off to pull the whole thing off.
  • Go home and make corn casserole for Turkey Day.

Thursday, November 22 - ie; Turkey Day

  • Go to Ohio with ma and pop...sans husband. He wanted to go hunting. He whined, he begged, he pleaded, he went. I really didn't mind actually. In hindsight, you will see that it was a good thing...Let's continue.
  • On the way to Ohio receive call from good friend's husband. She is in active labor. Five and a half weeks early. Commence worrying.
  • Eat at Grandma's. Protect my 4 year old cousin (who I love dearly dearly) from my aunt's crazy, spastic dog.
  • Receive call from Husband's grandmother. The OPs father is in the hospital. Blood Clot in his lung. So, let's review about The OPs father. The OP and his daddy (yes, my husband is 30 YEARS OLD and he calls his father "daddy"...I think it's cute) are tight. When I say tight I mean the umbilicle cord might as well be attached between the two of them. So, when "daddy" goes to the hospital it's a HUGE deal. ALSO, the thing is that "daddy" is only 51 and he is in the hospital religiously. I'm serious. I'm not trying to make light of this fact but really, he is. So, I commence to worrying about "daddy".
  • Receive call from good friend...the baby boy has arrived safe and sound. He's in the NICU but needs no help breathing. 4lbs. 6 oz. I'm breathing slightly easier now.

Friday November 23, 2007

  • Visit Daddy in the hospital for approximately five hours.
  • Eat lunch
  • Go home and clean clean clean clean. By the way...T-minus 24 hours until the in-laws are packed like sardines into my little house eating my turkey. My stress level is at the maximum.
  • The OP goes and picks up the boys from their mom. They arrive at our house with a fresh dose of nasty attitude and he and I want to strangle both of them within five minutes of their arrival. We proceed to really tick them off when we ban them from using the downstairs bathroom. They look at us with faces that say, "what the heck?". I explain that I already spent an hour cleaning that bathroom and I DON'T want to have to do it again. Little boys = not good at aiming for the toilette.
  • We eat frozen pizza for dinner.
  • I'm am struck with an EVEN WORSE headache than I have already had ALL day. I start to feel sweaty and nauseaus. I go to bed at 9:00. I feel absolutely horrible.

Saturday November 24, 2007

  • The day dawns and I no longer have a headache, but am instead filled with dread for the coming 12 hours.
  • "daddy" is still in the hospital. Still feeling a sense of dread and worry.
  • The OP and I commence to a day full of cleaning, cooking, planning, and trying to time things perfectly while trying to keep the boys entertained and behaving. (I need to think of a nickname for them for this blog...I'll work on that).
  • Receive phone call from "daddy" himself...he's out of the hospital. WHAT?!?! umm hello? He will be at the dinner tonight. Repeat look of amazement. How is this possible you ask? I have no idea....don't ask. Just go with it.
  • Guests begin to arrive, the temperature on our 1st floor begins to rise, and rise, and rise. I begin to sweat and I don't stop.
  • I'm cooking, re-heating what other people brought, setting stuff out. We eat. And then the clean up begins.
  • I never knew my kitchen was so small. I'm overwhelmed. I'm still sweating.
  • Sister in law gets ticked off. Long story.
  • Everyone leaves by 6:30 (we ate at 5:15) except for The OPs sister. I'm thinking I did all that work for THAT!
  • So, to quickly re-cap. The food and the presentation was amazing. I was sooooo proud of us. But, let's face it chargers and cloth napkins were lost on this crowd. The turkey was juicy, the mashed potatoes were perfection. Need I say more?

Sunday November 25, 2007

  • My Birthday! Here was the plan. Go to church, go to lunch with the family, go see Fred Claus. That's what I wanted to do.
  • Here's what really happened. Wake up, the five year old wakes up with a low grade fever and a sore throat. I go to church with the seven year old. The seven year old has an attitude and doesn't want to eat brunch with the family, I take him home to comiserate with his daddy and his sick brother. I eat brunch. My mom and dad come over with a homemade cake (have I mentioned how much I love my mother) and gifts.
  • That evening The OP wanted me to go with him to take the boys to their mom. I said no. It was my birthday...not seeing her was a gift all to itself.
  • I developed another headache and went to bed hoping that it would go away.

So, that was it. Five days of madness with not a relaxing moment in sight. Gotta love the holidays.

1 comment:

Monica H said...

Happy Birthday! I think not seeing the ex was a great birthday gift.

Also, I want to know the ticked off SIL story ;)

Husbands = not good at aiming for the toilette (tee hee)

Also, I think it's funny The OP calls his daddy "Daddy".