1.21.2008

The weekend that was

I've been doing pretty well with the diet. So far I have nothing to be ashamed of.

Now, let's just say that it was a long weekend. The OP and I seemed to be getting on each nerves from the get-go. This is never good, but especially when we have C and D with us. I really dislike picking at each other in front of them. Let's just say that it was one of THOSE weekends. Nothing I did was right and nothing that he did was right.

Friday night at about midnight The OP let me know that he was angry with me because we can't try to have a baby right now. He says that I didn't do what the doctor told me I should do and that I didn't do everything that I possibly could to get the hemoglobin A1C level down. He's mad at me for that. Part of me understands. Part of me is angry at him for being angry at me. Honestly, I'm not quite sure how to feel about the whole thing. Yes, I did not go to the gym and yes, I did not eat like I should have. I guess that somewhere in my mind I just thought that the met.formin would do more for me and that I wouldn't have to DRASTICALLY change my life. Obviously this is not the case. Pertaining to the gym - I do have a membership and I did go about two days a week until Thanksgiving. I'm just the type of person that when my life gets busy...I let the gym go. This has to change...I realize that.

I already feel bad enough about his entire situation...I really didn't need him to pile on the guilt. It really irritated me. Seriously, if I was the healthiest woman on Earth we may still not get pregnant right away. Would he blame me then, too? Or am I being too hard on him. Because yes, I didn't do everything that I should. I cried a lot. In private...that's how I roll.

Another issue that has come up is that I'm v. unhappy at The Gray Tomb (ie work). I will save this post for another day because it could be long.

The internet in our house was working perfectly on Friday night and then BAM! Saturday morning. Nothing. We were frantic. It was hilarious. So, hopefully in the next few days we will figure out what the deal is.

1 comment:

Monica H said...

I hate weekends like those. Especially since Mr. H and I both work from home for my in-laws. When we are both in bad moods, it's never good. And I too hate working for them, they suck!

I'm sorry for your levels not being low enough to TTC this month, but youhave enough stress on your own plate that The OP doesn't need to add to it. I understands he wants this baby too, but it's only a month. It's not like you're getting on birth control...It will happen soon enough and he shouldn't be putting pressure on you during this time. Get yourself healthy first and go from there.