1.23.2008

Could I have made an oops?

Alright, well, this is my "diary" and I'm supposed to write everything that is on my heart. I'm not supposed to worry about what anyone thinks. I can't sensor myself that way. That's what I've been doing for the past few days.

I'm worried that I might be the p-word. Last week I O'd on Thursday, I know this because of OPK's and temping. I went to the doctor on Monday. Her exact words were "well, I'm pretty sure that your levels will have gone down. They weren't very elevated to begin with." So, The OP and I did the deed on Sunday night and Tuesday night. I wasn't going to do it on Tuesday night, but no one from the doctor's office called me with my results like they said they would so I guess that I stupidly thought that no news was good news. So we did it. Missionary, pre-seed, elevated hips afterward...the whole deal. It would be my luck that this would do the trick. My crazy luck.

If I am...I'm going to feel like a putz. There is going to be a shadow of worry and doubt over the beginning of my pregnancy. All of the risks keep running through my head. Poor egg quality, increased risk of birth defects, increased risk of downs syndrome, increased risk of miscarriage. Whew! So, I know that the chances of me being the p-word are small...miniscule even. Then if I am pregnant the chances of all of these negative outcomes are small, but they are still there. I'm not going to say that I'm freaking out about it, but seriously, it would be my luck. Get p-word when I shouldn't and don't get p-word when I can. These are just thoughts running through my head. I'm only 7 DPO...no symptoms...only this nagging dread that I've done something horribly wrong.

No comments: