I think that my mother is slightly freaking out because of me. When I told her about the PCOS, her stress began. There is a history of diabetes and heart disease in her family and since PCOS is a very hard thing to understand she became very worried about me. Of course, really since I have insulin resistance there is a REASON to worry. I'm just trying to not let it bother me. I had also not told anyone that we were trying for a baby. Well, when the diagnosis happened that changed that. I told her and my father that as soon as my blood work came back positively we would be starting our baby journey. You should have seen their faces. I was less than thrilled with their response. The OP and I are on the same page though. With this diagnosis I do not want to sit around and do nothing. We need to go ahead and start trying. Who gives a crap that our first wedding anniversary isn't until April. I would have started trying on our wedding night if it hadn't have been for "what other people though". Well, now I say screw what other people think (which is, of course, the attitude that I should have in all things) we are trying and we are going to go full tilt until we run out of funds or until we are emotionally spent. I said that word clomid to my mother the other day and I thought that she was going to fall out of her seat. Then she made ME almost fall out of my seat. "When I took Clomid, I didn't have any side effects,"She said. Huh? My mother took clomid? I knew that they had had trouble (hence, I'm an only child), but I just never knew any of the details. My mom is not one to talk about things like baby making, girly bits, etc.
I think that her main concern is that I'm rushing into this. That I'm going to use fertility drugs without trying on our own for a longer time. I understand her concern...I have the same ones. Basically our plan right now is to do what my doctor tells me to do and then when I go for my annual exam in June I will move on to an RE if nothing good has happened. That gives us six months of trying on our own. That's enough especially when I already know what my problem is.
I'm 26, mom! I'm not a baby anymore! Get a grip, please...I'm going to need your support :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment